The car engine is heart of car, so daily cleaning and maintenance is extremely important, so how do you clean a car engine? What are methods for cleaning a car engine?
How to clean a car engine
Preparation for waterproofing: Open engine cover, cover alternator, distributor, brake oil tank, etc. with a cloth or seal them with plastic bags.
Important: one point must be closed or sealed. Especially generators and distributors.
Quality standard: tightly closed or sealed.
(1) Spray engine cleaner on all parts and spray more on particularly dirty areas.
(2) When engine cleaner begins to dissolve, turn on high pressure water gun to flush engine and its dirty parts.
(3) Use a high pressure gun to spray air at outlet under front windshield.
(4) Spray leaves, dirt and dust into insulating space between front windshield and engine room.
(5) Use a high-pressure water gun to wash leaves, mosquitoes and dust on water tank, cooling fins and air conditioner condenser cooling fins, paying attention to flushing from inside to outside first.
(6) Wash left and right wheel fenders and drain hole inside engine room with a high pressure water gun and remove leaves and dirt.
(7) Use a high pressure water gun to wash away any dirt or dust inside support rods inside engine room.
Important! Try to flush engine when it cools down. Be careful not to over pressurize water gun.
Quality standard: After washing, it is clean and free of dirt.
(1) Remove protective cloth and carefully wipe all parts of engine compartment, especially underside of hood, with a clean cloth.
(2) After parts are completely dry, you can spray tire polish, which is only applicable to plastic and rubber parts.
Important: when spraying polish, be sure to wait for parts to dry completely.
Quality standard: clear, black and bright.
1. It is strictly forbidden to open hood when engine is stopped.
2. When engine gets very hot, be careful not to burn your hands.
3. Some parts of engine must be waterproof.
4. When cleaning other parts of headbox of machine, make sure that connections and wires do not scratch your hands.
5. Be careful when closing hood, not too hard.